If you are a new patient to the practice and take regular medication please let the receptionist know as soon as possible. She will make you an appointment with a doctor where details can be added to your computerised medical record. Once details of your medication have been added, you can order future repeat prescriptions as follows:
- By telephone
- Online at https://systmonline.tpp-uk.com/
- By email *
- In person by completing the repeats slip (please avoid where possible during the pandemic)
* Please remember to include full details including your name, address and the medication required.
Please allow 3 full days before collecting your prescription or medication from the surgery or local pharmacy. This will give the doctor time to complete the necessary review of your medication before signing the prescription. We are pleased to be able to offer a free delivery service, of repeat prescriptions, to all our dispensing patients. If you would like your medication delivered, please ask one of our dispensers for a registration form and details of delivery days.
Emergency supply of medication on a Saturday morning
Staff at the local chemist are receiving an increasing number of requests from patients for an emergency supply of medication to last them over the weekend, as they have run out.
Patients are duly reminded that they should order their repeat medication at least two days in advance of them running out. Three days notice should be given if medication is to be collected from the chemist. Patients who regularly forget to order their medication in advance may be charged for an emergency supply in future.
To help patient know when to collect prescriptions we have the following:
Order Monday - Thursday afternoon pick up
Order Tuesday - Friday afternoon pick up
Order Wednesday - Monday afternoon pick up
Order Thursday - Tuesday afternoon pick up
Order Friday - Wednesday afternoon pick up
If you order online these requests are processed before we pick up the messages on the answer phone and it the quickest way to order. Please note if you order over a weekend our dispensing staff will get them on a Monday so please allow until Thursday to collect.
If you live more than a mile from the local pharmacy or are visiting our practice area temporarily, you can choose to collect your medication from one of our in–house dispensaries.
South Cave Dispensary
- Monday to Friday 8.30am - 1.30pm, 2.30pm - 6.00pm
- Monday to Friday 9.00am - 1.30pm, 2.30pm - 6.00pm
- Saturday 9am - 1pm
- Monday to Friday 8.30am - 6pm
You will be required to pay a prescription charge for each of your medicines unless you are exempt from prescription charges.
- You will be entitled to free NHS prescriptions if:
- you are 60 years of age or older
- you are under 16 years old or under 19 years old in full time education
- you are on low income, income support or family credit
- you have a partner who gets Pension Credit guarantee credit (PCGC)
- you are a pregnant woman or have had a baby in the last 12 months
- you suffer from certain chronic conditions or hold other exemption certificates.
- you have been prescribed a free-of-charge contraceptive.
- If you have two or more regular medications each month, but cannot get them free, you could save money by buying a Pre-payment Certificate.
How to buy a Pre-payment Certificate
If you need more than 12 prescribed medicines each year , you could save money with a 12-month PPC.
You can also buy a three-month PPC, which will save you money if you need more than three prescribed medicines in three months.
Further information available at www.nhsbsa.nhs.uk/ppc
Holme upon Spalding Moor and Bubwith Prescriptions
All prescription requests are now being processed by the Dispensers at Bubwith.
Patient should allow 3 working days before collecting your prescription from the surgery or the chemist. If you usually hand in your repeats slip and collect from Holme Upon Spalding Moor you can still do this although we ask patients where possible to order online instead of coming into the surgery. We will have the prescription ready for you to collect at your usual site.
If a request is made after 12 noon please note this will not be processed until the following day and should not be included within the 72 hour period