We continue to receive a high volume of calls to query when patients may receive a vaccine which is affecting patients being able to contact the practice for non-Covid19 queries.
Please do not contact us to book a vaccine or query when you will be offered one
We have made fantastic progress with the covid vaccines and the majority of patients in cohorts 1-4 have now received their 1st vaccination. We are now booking cohorts 5 and 6. Nationally cohort 5 patients are being asked to attend mass centres so if you fall into this cohort, you will likely receive a letter next week inviting you to attend a mass vaccination centre (York Askham Bar and Hull City Hall). We are being asked to focus on cohort 6 but will also be inviting those in cohort 5 who feel unable to attend the mass vaccination centres.
Please do not call us to book, we will call you. We have teams working hard to contact the eligible patients.
We are contacting patients in order of the JCVI priority below and in age descending order within each priority group. We have no influence over this list and cannot advise exact timescales due to vaccine availability which we have no control over.
- residents in a care home for older adults and their carers –1st vaccine completed
- all those 80 years of age and over and frontline health and social care workers - 1st vaccine completed
- all those 75 years of age and over –1st vaccine completed
- all those 70 years of age and over and clinically extremely vulnerable individuals –1st vaccine completed
- all those 65 years of age and over – booking in progress
- all individuals aged 16 years to 64 years with underlying health conditions which put them at higher risk of serious disease and mortality (including registered carers) – booking in progress for those with conditions, awaiting further guidance for carers
- all those 60 years of age and over
- all those 55 years of age and over
- all those 50 years of age and over
Our staff are working extremely hard to care for you so please be patient. Patients in earlier cohorts will also soon be contacted to book their 2nd vaccine which will mean our staff have to work even harder.
Thank you for your continued support.