We have now completed all care home flu/covid vaccines and the majority of those aged 70 and over. We are currently doing home visits for those who are housebound (cohorts 1-3)
Patients eligible for a 3rd dose (separate to the booster programme) – this is for those identified with a specific condition which makes them eligible for a 3rd dose 8 weeks after the 2nd dose. This is separate to the booster programme which is given 6 months after the 2nd dose. If you fall into this category, please be assured that we are working through a list provided by the NHS to invite you for your 3rd dose. If you have not heard by 1st November, please contact us.
For the booster programme, we will soon be moving to the clinically extremely vulnerable cohort (cohort 4). Should any patient want to have their vaccine earlier than we can offer, please contact a mass vaccination centre or a pharmacy.
If you have not already provided us with your mobile number, please ensure that you contact us to add it to your record and to provide consent to text messages. We will then be able to send you a booking link when we move to your cohort.
Please also share this message with family, friends and neighbours – particularly those without access to the internet.
As a reminder, the JCVI cohorts are:
- residents in a care home for older adults and their carers - complete
- all those 80 years of age and over and frontline health and social care workers – in progress
- all those 75 years of age and over – in progress
- all those 70 years of age and over and clinically extremely vulnerable individuals – in progress
- all those 65 years of age and over
- all individuals aged 16 years to 64 years with underlying health conditions which put them at higher risk of serious disease and mortality
- all those 60 years of age and over
- all those 55 years of age and over
- all those 50 years of age and over
Thank you for your support and patience.